Las Vegas Market Trends to Bet On (and others to fold)
Industry members from the home furnishing, gift, and design trades descended on Las Vegas in late July for the Las Vegas Market (LVMKT) Summer 2022 event where they were treated to the latest in furniture, bedding, casual/outdoor, home décor, and gift products from more than 4000 brands and exhibitors. From showrooms to programming, the LVMKT had plenty for members to experience and so many trends to introduce.
And lucky for you, what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas. These trends are too amazing to keep to ourselves so we’re sharing with you the LVMKT Trends to Bet On for the upcoming year and those trends you should definitely “fold”.
Hold ‘em: These trends are on the rise:
- Relaxed Refinement: Best in Brass: While other finishes are still going strong, brass is continuing to be head of class.
- Teak Peak: Whether used alongside metallic frames or pre-weathered for the aged, gray look without the passage of time, teak is having a star-studded moment and taking the forefront of some really gorgeous elements and pieces.
- Individuality is Key: Designers are helping clients find their individual identity and using a diverse range of colors and styles to truly curate a one-of-a-kind look.
Fold ‘em: These trends are on the way out:
- Small Dining sets: People want to gather and be together. This trend speaks volumes about our dedication to gathering together again with smaller, 4-seat sets being replaced with 8-10 person sets.
- Severe Color Palettes: There is definitely still a time and place for using contrasts in design but muted colors like neutrals are replacing harsher color palettes.
- Complex Looks: While the pendulum hasn’t swung fully to minimalism, the excess and saturation of maximalism has eased into a balanced, refined look.
- Only Ornamental: People are looking for the elements in their home to serve a purpose beyond just looking good. As more designers marry comfort and style, the impractical is giving way to form and function.
We’re excited to share the secrets from the most recent LVMKT and keep you updated on the trends to bet your money on and the ones that are ready to fold.
Las Vegas Market Trends Insiders Sneak Peak
Want to learn more about what is on the rise for 2023? Download our free guide featuring trends you should bet on for 2023 and trends that are on the way out!